Sontec surgical instruments are guaranteed to be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Any Sontec instrument that is defective will be repaired or replaced at our discretion. Instruments not properly cared for, used for unintended purposes, or beyond their designed capacity will not be covered under this guarantee. Our liability under this guarantee is limited to the repair or replacement of the defective merchandise.
Sontec has its own repair department where all fine, mechanically functional instruments can be returned to like-new condition.
Sontec performs a variety of repairs, such as replacing worn TC jaws or sharpening scissors. In addition, we complete a comprehensive evaluation of your instruments to determine if further service is required.
For repair service, please send the following directly to the address below:
Condition of Repair
- If there is no completed CERTIFICATE OF STERILIZATION accompanying the item(s) either:
a) provide a completed retroactive CERTIFICATE OF STERILIZATION.
b) item(s) will be shipped back at customer's expense.
- All repair orders are subject to a $100 minimum.
- Secure packaging prevents shipping damages incurring additional repair costs.
- Best attempts at repair will be made, however due to the nature of the repair process, occasionally worn instruments will become unrepairable and will need to be replaced, Sontec Instruments does not accept responsibility if this happens.
- Sontec reserves the right to replace instruments with similar or like instruments in lieu of repair at or near the repair price, we use our own discretion in these matters and customers may or may not be contacted prior to replacement.
- If an instrument comes in beyond repair and has a value of $30 or less, it will be replaced with a new instrument, if the value is greater than $30 you will receive a call with the replacement price.
- Repair times vary depending on the instruments, volume, and repair need.
For proper instrument care and maintenance go here: www.a-k-i.org. Sontec recommends these cleaning products for your instruments.
Exclusive veterinary contract through Ruhof. Veterinaries should purchase directly through Sontec. All other customers in the medical field, please order through Ruhof.